Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO)
Scrum is an agile project management method that focuses upon short, focused work periods called “Sprints.” As a Product Owner it is very important to learn how to work with your team & stakeholders to identify the business benefits to prioritize, understand customers & end-users and create the product backlog which further leads to managing the backlog efficiently.
As it is wisely formulated by user experience expert Jeff Patton:
- It’s about the product
- It’s about understanding product benefits
- It’s about customer experience
- It’s about design thinking
- It’s about collaboration
That’s where the CSPO course comes in. Our trainers will teach you what you need to know to fill the role of a Product Owner. This course focuses on the basics of the Scrum framework, including team roles, activities, and artifacts, so that you can be an effective member of a Scrum team.
This course is a mix of theoretical, problem exploration & practical discussions and this 2-days course will equip attendees to best the possible Product Owner for their Scrum projects.
On completion of the course, attendees will receive the official designation as a “Certified Scrum Product Owner” by Scrum Alliance. This certification includes a two–year membership of the Scrum Alliance.
This course earns you 14 PDUs (category A) within the PMI. It earns 14 SEUs (category B) within the scrum alliance. PDUs and SEUs can be used toward PMP, PMI-ACP, CSP and other certifications.
The CSPO ® training is now available in the Live Virtual Mode, and will be conducted on Zoom.You will receive the soft copy of the courseware & other materials.
- Are you a product owner who is struggling to understand your role in a Scrum or agile process?
- Are you facing challenge in meeting stakeholder & team’s expectations?
- Are you finding challenge in creating backlog and correctly prioritizing them to meet the product vision?
- Are you finding it difficult in getting visibility on team’s progress?
- Or you have this passion to be a Product Owner because you think this is what you want and you are capable of, and want to learn what it takes to be one?
This training is aimed at instilling the core beliefs of Agile and Scrum and creating a transparent and collaborative environment where the team succeeds as a single entity. SCRUM is an Agile Project Management method that focuses on short, focused work periods called “SPRINTS”.
During this 2- day course, participants will learn to apply the Scrum framework to build new products. They will get trained as Product Owners and learn what it feels like to be on a Scrum team – experiencing many of the challenges they’re likely to face – while being coached by a Certified Scrum Trainer who has been involved with the application of Scrum at many organizations.
- Understanding Scrum framework
- Scrum Rules & Properties
- Software Development Principles
- Empirical Process Control
- Work Culture
Roles & Responsibilities
- Product Owner (in Detail)
- Scrum Master (Overview)
- Development Team (Overview)
- Impact on traditional roles
- Importance of Product Vision
- Create effective Product Vision
- Desired qualities of the vision
- How the vision can be shaped?
- Importance of just-enough prep work
- Relationship between vision & product roadmap
- Understand different estimation levels in Scrum
- Accuracy Vs Precision
- Size & Duration estimation
- Product Owner’s expectation from team
- Difference between Estimation & Committing
The Product Backlog
- Understand Product Backlog
- Product Backlog Grooming
- Understand the importance of prioritizing in Product Backlog
- Implications of making everything mandatory
- Who inputs into prioritization?
- Multiple factors affecting prioritization
- Formal approach to prioritizing
- Team’s role in adjusting sequence of work
- Goal of release management
- Adaptive, Iterative & collaborative planning
- Different levels of Planning
- Quality of shippable product
- Technical Debt
- Release early & frequently
- Understanding & measuring Velocity
- Release Burndown Chart
- Forecast future
- Product Owner’s role
- Collaboration between Product Owner & Development team
- Team commitment
- Sprints – Time-boxed & protected
- Sustainable pace concept
1) Is there an examination to become a CSPO®?
Not currently. Post completion of the 2-day course, the CST will upload your details on the ScrumAlliance website, and you will receive an email. Once you accept the license, you will be a “Certified Scrum Product Owner”.
2) What all is included in the Course Fee?
The below are included in the course fee:
- 2-day (16-hour) training by a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST)
- Certification Fees for the 1st 2 years
- Optional membership to the online ScrumAlliance community
3) What is the platform for the LVC Training?
The CSPO LVC Training will be conducted on Zoom. The trainer will utilise features such as Break Out Rooms, Whatsapp groups & Googledrive to facilitate activities & exercises.
4) Does the virtual mode have any impact on the quality of the training?
While the exact experience cannot be replicated, we have taken measures to ensure that the difference between virtual & classroom training is minimal. The feedback from the past remote classes has been immensely positive & we have received no complaints till now. ScrumAlliance has also set certain guidelines and limitations that each CST must follow, to ensure that the delivery & experience of the training is up to the mark.
Our Most Popular Courses: